Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Last to Know


The Last to Know by Wendy Corsi Staub

This was my first Staub book. I keep picking up her books at the library book sale shelf or the used book store when I see them. So, I have several ready and waiting. I am so glad a buddy read made me finally move one of them to the top of my TBR pile.

Townsend Heights is an idyllic, white picket fenced, upper middle class suburban town. A place where the Mom's stay home, meet for lattes, socialize at the park, and gather for Gymboree, while the house keepers and nanny's work hard to help them keep up appearances. The Dad's go off into the city and work long hard hours to finance this picture perfect existence.

Tasha Banks misses her forever working husband, is struggling to keep up with the Jones' and is unsure the stay at home mom life is the one for her. But her own frustrations of daily life are put on the back burner when the women in her neighborhood, her friends, are being targeted. Will Tasha be next?

No comments: