Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year!

I totally slacked on updating this book blog at the end of 2011. But, welcome to 2012! I plan to do a better job keeping up. And since I read many books that I never blogged about, I am going to just make a list of how I ended 2011 and start fresh with 2012!

-Loving Frank by Nancy Horan

I loved this book but I hated the two main characters (Frank Lloyd Wright and his mistress). I thought they were both a bit selfish

-My Brother Sam is Dead by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier

Revolutionary War historical fiction YA

-The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary Pearson

YA. I really wanted to like this one, but it was just okay.

-Baltimore Blues by Laura Lippman

First in the series. It was eh. I have the entire series on my shelf, so I am willing to give it another go.

-Virals by Kathy Reichs

The first in her new YA series which features Tempe's niece Tori Brennan. I liked it!

-Thanksgiving on Thursday by Mary Pope Osbourne

Sofia and I enjoyed this one!

-Twister on Tuesday by Mary Pope Osbourne

This one sparked a good conversation about wagon trains and heading west, but Sofia had a nightmare about twisters! haha

-Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly

YA. Goes back and forth between a talented smart modern musician teen girl in NY/Paris and the French Revolution. I really loved it.

-Now You See Her by James Patterson

Too much coincidence in this story, but I liked it. Very entertaining story!

-Midnight for Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo

First in the Charlie Bone series (YA). I enjoyed it and think it will be a fun series.

No comments: