Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Virgin Rover by Robyn Carr


Virgin River by Robyn Carr

Melanie Monroe needed to get out of Los Angeles after the death of her husband. She wanted a chance to go somewhere no one knew her and start over fresh. As a nurse practitioner and midwife, life in the slow quite countryside sounded like a great change of pace for the busy and oftentimes frightening LA ER. What she didn't expect was to find a new home in Virgin River filled with friends and caring neighbors, a new love, and just as much excitement and adrenaline the ER provided.

This is the first in the Virgin River Series and I am so excited to see my old friends from the Grace Valley Trilogy in this book as well. I really love how Carr makes you care about her characters like longtime friends and how her small towns are like a character unto themselves. She has become a favorite for me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still loving this book!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I read this and Virgin River Christmas and enjoyed them both--especially this one.