Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sail by James Patterson and Howard Roughan


Dr. Katherine Dunne takes a two-month vacation in order to reconnect with her kids. Their relationship had been strained since losing her first husband (the children's father) and remarrying renowned defense attorney, Peter Carlyle. They embark on a sailing journey with her ex-brother in law, Jake Dunne. Soon after setting sail, things begin to go terribly wrong. The family must work together through one harrowing event to the next, fighting for their lives.

As with most of Patterson's newer books, Sail received a wide range of mixed reviews. While the writing may not be top notch, it is nonetheless an entertaining thrill ride that had me turning page after page. I couldn't put it down until it was done. I am always entertained by Patterson's books, which to me is the most important quality of reading.

2 comments:

Bookfool said...

I was just sitting here wondering if I should try Patterson. What do you think, Sharon? Is he too graphic for me?

BookAddict said...

I don't know, Nancy. Maybe some of them you would like, but I am not sure they are you're cup of tea. They are quick reads, so you could try one. The Women's Murder Club series is really good.
Sharon