Thursday, July 10, 2008

Disturb Not the Dream by Paula Trachtman

Disturb Not the Dream opens as five year old Jessica Desmond wanders the families large seaside mansion in the Hamptons (1938) discovering the brutally murdered bodies of her family members one by one. 40 years later, Dr. Bradley, a prominent psychiatrist, and his family rent the seaside home for a summer getaway unaware of the horrors that took place there. Soon, the Bradley's presence triggers paranormal activity and the ghastly events of 1938 begin to unfold.

This book is twisted, disturbing, and at times shocking, but I could not avert my eyes.

9 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This book sounds very very creepy, yet I've added it to my list. LOL

Thanks for Posting.

Georgina Guzmán Quiroz. said...

I have read it!!!!!!! it's shocking how the story repeats with jessica =(!! and so with lissie, I think that george will take care of her xD

krait said...

ive read this book when i was in high schoold and i know how twsited the story is.. i want to read it again...

dchapman said...

Diane that book should be your list! Drop other books & read this one.Yes it's been almost 30yrs when I read & it has NEVER left my brain.This book has EVERYTHING!!!

csricharan said...

can you tell me where i can buy this book?

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I never heard of this book and can't seem to find it online?

pmorgan said...

I first read this book in high school and could not put it down!!!A few years ago,I looked for it on ebay and got a hard back copy in almost mint condition.Love this book,I just picked it up again the other day and started reading again.

pmorgan said...

I first read this book in high school and could not put it down!!!A few years ago I looked for it on ebay and got an almost mint condition hard back edition.Just started reading it again the other day.

cabsep said...

I read this book almost thirty years ago. I found it on the super-sale table in my college library for a few bucks. I read it that weekend. I could not put it down. I lent it to my sister and a co-worker. They both loved it. I then lent it to an old friend who moved away WITH MY BOOK! :-( That is good book...especially for on rainy or a cold winter night by the fireplace.