Saturday, April 23, 2011

Two Very Different Teen Books

One of Those Hideous Books Where the Mother Dies by Sonya Sones

Written in verse, this book tells the story of Ruby a high school student who is forced to more to Los Angelas after the death of her mother. She will now be living with her absentee and seriously famous movie star father, Whip Logan.

I loved this one. It was funny, witty, and moving.

I Love You, Beth Cooper by Larry Doyle

I wanted to like this one more than I did. It was funny, but also a bit annoying. But I think I just wasn't in the mood for it. I thought something funny would be good while I was under so much work stress, but maybe I should have stuck to music instead of this on audio book. I have yet to see the movie, so I am not sure how it compares.

No comments: