Monday, February 14, 2011

Finished Two

Impulse by Catherine Coulter

Stand Alone Romantic Suspense

Raphaella Holland is a journalist in Boston who happens to come from a very wealthy family. When her mother is suddenly hist by a drunk driver and in a coma, Raphaella finds her secret hidden journals detailing the story of her birth father and her mothers obsession with him. So, Raphaella flies to Dominick Giovanni's private island in the Caribbean, determined to expose him for the criminal he is and seek revenge for her mother and herself.



Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts
In the Garden Trilogy #1

A lot of my book buddies read Nora Roberts' books and I have kind of avoided them because I was convinced I wouldn't like romance books. While I suppose this was in deed a romance, I found it to be an entertaining and sweet story. And I look forward to reading the rest of the trilogy.

Stella is a young wife and mother of two precocious boys. She has a wonderful life and sweet husband. Suddenly, Stella's happy life is turned upside down when her husband, Kevin, is tragically killed in a plane crash. Forced to pick up the pieces and begin a new life, Stella packed up the boys (after a two year grieving process) and headed south where she finds a new home, new friends, a new career, and new love.

No comments: