Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rules of Prey and Wintergirls

Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

Lia's best friend Cassie is found dead in a motel room. Dead and alone. She called Lia 33 times that night, but Lia never answered. Lia keeps this secret while fighting her own demons in her "matchstick body" while her busy and successful parents live their own lives oblivious to what is really going on. Lia's goals are simple: stay in control, eat as little as possible, and get to her goal weight: 0.

I love every single one of Laurie Halse Andersons books. They are so powerful. This one will take your breath away.


Rules of Prey by John Sandford

Lieut. Lucas Davenport is a tough, brilliant, and unstoppable detective with an itchy trigger finger. Davenport is asked to step in and help stop a serial killer preying on dark haired women. But has Davenport met his match with this "maddog" killer who seems to stay one step ahead?

This is the first in the Prey series. I have been meaning to read this series for a while now and am glad I finally got started. Will definitely read through the entire series.

2 comments:

Tea said...

I haven't read any of Anderson's books yet. I need to check my library. I enjoyed your review of "Wintergirls."

BookAddict said...

Thanks! Her books are terrific. So far I have read Prom, Speak, Twisted, and Wintergirls. I love her writing style and her books are very powerful.