Saturday, November 1, 2008

Twilight and Just Who Will You Be?


Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

Bella Snow has just moved to the small and rainy town of Forks, Washington to live with her father. She begins her new high school and quickly makes new friends, particularly male admirers but is most intrigued by the Cullen family. A group of siblings (all adopted) who are quiet, mysterious, and a little feared.

Most people are familiar with this series. I noticed a bunch of the 8th grade girls were reading the books and decided to go ahead as a way to try to "connect". Like them, I was quickly sucked in! Right now I am reading the second in the series, New Moon.

Just Who Will You Be? by Maria Shriver

Maria Shriver is a woman I have looked up to and admired for much of my life. I saw her on Oprah discussing this book, which is mainly a speech she gave at her nephew's high school graduation. As usual, Shriver is inspiring and thought provoking. It is nice to hear a woman like her say she is continually trying to discover who she truly is and what kind of person she wants to be.

No comments: